Philips Dvp3602 Progressive Scan Dvd Player.
12-bit/108MHz video processing for sharp and natural images
12-bit Video DAC is a superior Digital-to-Analogue-Converter that preserves every detail of the authentic picture quality. It shows subtle shades and smoother graduation of colours, resulting in a more vibrant and natural picture. The limitation of the usual 10bit DAC become in particular apparent while using large screens and projectors.
192kHz/24 bit audio DAC enhances analogue sound input
192KHz sampling enables you to have an accurate representation of the original sound curves. Together with a 24-bit resolution, more information is captured from the original analogue sound wave form, giving a much richer audio reproduction.
Progressive Scan component video for optimized image quality
Progressive Scan doubles the vertical resolution of the image resulting in a noticeably sharper picture. Instead of sending a field comprising the odd lines to the screen first, followed by the field with the even lines, both fields are written at one time. A full image is created instantaneously, using the maximum resolution. At such a speed, your eye perceives a sharper picture with no line structure.
Plays CD, (S)VCD, DVD, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW
Play virtually any disc you want - whether they be CDs, (S)VCDs, DVDs, DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW or DVD-RW. Experience unbeatable flexibility and the convenience of playing all your discs on one device.
ProReader Drive for smooth playback on virtually any disc
ProReader Drive lets you enjoy your movies and videos worry-free. Even when old discs get smudgy or scratched, you can rest assured that they will play right through from start to end - without any sign that they have been damaged. Using state-of-the-art technology, ProReader Drive converts weak analog signals into robust digital ones, extracting information that allows less-than-perfect discs to play smoothly through. Together with its ability to read virtually any video format, ProReader Drive gives you the unbeatable assurance that whatever you pop in will most definitely play.
Screen Fit for optimal viewing every time
Whatever you’re watching, and on any TV, Screen Fit ensures that the picture fills the whole screen. Annoying black bars on the top and bottom are eliminated, without any tedious manual adjustments to make. Simply press the Screen Fit button, choose the format and enjoy your movie in full-screen.
Smart Picture provides personalized image settings
Smart Picture provides the optimum picture settings for colour, brightness, saturation, contrast, sharpness, and so on, to enhance your overall viewing experience at all times.
• Picture/Display: D/A converter: 12 bit, 108 MHz; Picture enhancement: Progressive scan.
• Video Playback Compression formats: MPEG1, MPEG2.
• Video disc playback system: NTSC, PAL.
• Audio Playback Compression formats: Dolby Digital, PCM.
• Playable Discs: CD, CDDA, CD-R/CD-RW, DVD, DVD +R/+RW, DVD -R/-RW, Kodak Picture Disc, SVCD, VCD.
• Connectivity: Analog audio Left/Right out, Component Video output, Composite video (CVBS) output, Digital coaxial out.
- D/A converter: 24 bit, 192 kHz.
- Frequency response: 30-20000 Hz.
- Signal to noise ratio: > 100 dB.
- Crosstalk (1kHz): > 100 dB.
- Distortion and Noise (1kHz): > 85 dB.
- Dynamic Range (1kHz): > 90 dB.
- Sound System: Dolby Digital.
• Still Picture Playback Compression format: JPEG.
• File Formats: Picture: JPEG; Video: avi, mpeg, mpg.
• Child Protection: Child Lock, Parental Control.