- High-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors.
- 11.6-inch (diagonal) high-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions: 1366 by 768 (native), 1344 by 756, and 1280 by 720 pixels at 16:9 aspect ratio; 1152 by 720 and 1024 by 640 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768 and 800 by 600 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio
Size and Weight
Ultrathin and ultralight unibody aluminum construction.
- Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
- Width: 11.8 inches (30 cm)
- Depth: 7.56 inches (19.2 cm)
- Weight: 2.38 pounds (1.08 kg)
Processor and Memory
Powered by a dual-core Intel Core i5 processor and DDR3 memory.
- 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 with 3MB shared L3 cache
- 2GB of 1333MHz DDR3 onboard memory
Advanced Intel HD Graphics 3000.
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor with 256MB or 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
Video Support and Camera
Built-in FaceTime camera.
- FaceTime camera
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
Connections and Expansion
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- Thunderbolt port
Battery and Power
Advanced lithium-polymer battery with MagSafe power adapter
- Up to 5 hours wireless web
- Up to 30 days standby time
- Built-in 35-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery; 45W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system; MagSafe power port
Latest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technologies.
802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;5 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Stereo speakers, microphone, and headphone.
- Stereo speakers
- Omnidirectional microphone
- Headphone port
- Support for Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
MacBook Air and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact.
*B-Grade refers to products that may have been previously used, showing signs of normal wear and tear, including minor cosmetic scuffs or blemishes.