Philips Bdp2900 Divx Hd Streaming Blu-Ray Player.
FEATURES:Blu-ray Disc playback
- Blu-ray Discs have the capacity to carry high definition data, along with pictures in the 1920 x 1080 resolution that defines full high definition images. Scenes come to life as details leap at you, movements smoothen and images turn crystal clear. Blu-ray also delivers uncompressed surround sound - so your audio experience becomes unbelievably real. The high storage capacity of Blu-ray Discs also allow a host of interactive possibilities to be built in. Seamless navigation during playback and other exciting features like pop-up menus bring a whole new dimension to home entertainment.DVD video upscaling to 1080p via HDMI
- HDMI 1080p upscaling delivers images that are crystal clear. DVD movies in standard definition can now be enjoyed in high definition resolution - ensuring more details and more true-to-life pictures. Progressive Scan (represented by "p" in "1080p') eliminates the line structure prevalent on TV screens, again ensuring relentlessly sharp images. To top it off, HDMI makes a direct digital connection that can carry uncompressed digital HD video as well as digital multi-channel audio, without conversions to analog - delivering perfect picture and sound quality, completely free from noise.Netflix-Streaming
- Instantly watch TV episodes and movies as often as you want on your Philips TV. All you need is an internet connection (either Wi-Fi or Ethernet) and a Netflix membership package that includes streaming, and you are ready to go.DivX Plus HD Certified
- DivX Plus HD on your Blu-ray player and/or DVD player offers the latest in DivX technology to let you enjoy HD videos and movies from the Internet direct to your Philips HDTV or PC. DivX Plus HD supports the playback of DivX Plus content (H.264 HD video with high-quality AAC audio in an MKV file container) while also supporting previous versions of DivX video up to 1080p. DivX Plus HD for true HD digital video.Dolby TrueHD
- Dolby TrueHD deliver the finest sound from your Blu-ray Discs. Audio reproduced is virtually indistinguishable from the studio master, so you hear what the creators intended for you to hear. Dolby TrueHD complete your high definition entertainment experience.Subtitle Shift
- Subtitle Shift is an enhancement feature that lets users manually adjust a movie's subtitle positioning on the television or computer screen. Using the remote control, users can shift the subtitles up and down on the screen. On widescreen displays, such as 21:9 cinema and projectors, the subtitles sometimes get cut off. In order to see them clearly, the user has to change the display aspect ratio, which defeats the purpose of the widescreen. With the Subtitle Shift feature, the user can retain the correct display aspect ratio and have the subtitles ideally positioned on the screen.BD-Live
- BD-Live opens up your world of high definition even further. Receive up-to-date content just by connecting your Blu-ray Disc player to the internet. Exciting new things like exclusive downloadable content, live events, live chats, gaming and on-line shopping all await you. Ride the high definition wave with Blu-ray Disc playback and BD-Live.
• Video Playback Compression Formats: DivX Plus™ HD, H.264, MPEG1, MPEG2, XviD.
• Video Enhancement: Deep Colour, Progressive Scan, Video Upscaling, x.v. Colour.
• Playable Discs: AVCHD, BD, BD R / BD RE, CD, CDDA, CD-R/CD-RW, DVD, DVD +R/+RW, DVD -R/-RW, SVCD, VCD.
• Picture Enhancement: High Def (720p, 1080i, 1080p), Progressive scan, Video upscaling.
• Sound Enhancement: Night Mode.
• Sound System: Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD, DTS 2.0 + Digital out, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio.
• Audio Playback - Compression Formats: AAC, MP3, PCM, WAV, WMA.
• Still Picture Playback - Compression Formats: GIF, JPEG, JPEG HD, JPEG Progressive, PNG.
• File Formats: Audio (aac, mka, mp3, wma); Picture (GIF, JPEG, JPG); Video (avi, divx, m2ts, mkv, mp4, mpeg, mpg).
• Connectivity: USB / Wi-Fi slot, Digital coaxial out, Ethernet, HDMI output, Wi-Fi Ready (802.11 g/n) network connection.
• Convenience: BD-Live(1GB USB memory needed); Parental Control; EasyLink (HDMI-CEC); Firmware upgradeable via USB, Online firmware upgrade; Online services - Netflix, Vudu.